Friday 30 March 2012

A Few of My Favourite Things For Spring

Hey Everyone,

I was having some trouble thinking of things to write to you about, so I just thought I might be a little lazy and copy Owl’s post about favourite things for Spring, but for me. I hope you don’t mind. : )

Shorts...
If you know me, you are probably going to laugh at this because even though I seldom wear them, I love shorts. Although they have always been practical, now that they are more fashionable there has been a big increase in the variety of styles of shorts, and it has made me fall in love with them. Last year I really liked sequined shorts, scalloped shorts, and seersucker shorts. This year, classic shorts in classic colours top my wish list. My favourite are the Pique Shorts from Banana Republic in white and navy. : )

Banana Republic's Pique Shorts

J.Crew’s Heritage Solids Swim Collection...
Let me just clear something up before I go on: Bathing suits are generally not one of my favourite things, but they are kind of something you have to have, and if I have to have one, I’d like one from J.Crew. : ) They have almost every style and many colours to choose from. I especially like the Ruched Top in black and white. I know that bathing suits are more Summer time than Spring, but you really have to buy them in the Spring because if you wait until Summer, sometimes they have sold out. I had a little trouble with that last Summer, trying to hunt down J.Crew’s Seersucker Bathing Suit (yes, I know. Last Summer seersucker and I were very close ; )

J.Crew's Ruched Bathing Suit Top
A Jean Jacket...
Whenever I see someone wearing a little jean jacket, I always think they are super cute, but I can never seem to find one I like. I have been looking for the perfect jean jacket for the longest time, especially every Spring, and I think that will still be something I’ll be looking for this Spring. If you have any suggestions of where to find a cute, plain one, please let me know. : )

Paige from Swet Home Alabama in her cute, little jean jacket...
Rhubarb...
As you know, pies are my favourite thing to bake and the pie I love most is strawberry rhubarb. With rhubarb season coming very soon, I’m certainly excited to start baking pies, but with its tart nature, rhubarb is such a wonderful addition to many sweet things. From rhubarb muffins for breakfast through to midnight snacks of rhubarb milkshakes and sundaes, this Spring and Summer, I’m looking forward to learning more recipes to utilize such a delightful ingredient. : )



The Bachelorette...
Oh geeze. I want to tell you that I’m really not a big reality TV person, but with mentioning The Bachelorette here, and mentioning Sweet Home Alabama here and in another post, I would understand if you didn’t believe me. : ) I love Sweet Home Alabama most because it is in the South and in the country (two of my favourite places), but I also thought Paige was so lovely and really wanted her to find love, hehe, and that is the same reason I’m excited for this season of The Bachelorette. In watching Emily on The Bachelor a few years back (oh dear, I do realize I just lost any chance I had of winning my argument that I don’t really like reality TV : ), I thought she was so pretty and sweet that I can’t help but want to watch her on The Bachelorette and hope it works out a little better for her this time. : )


Googling Baby Animals...
This is not something that is specific to Spring, but more so my new favourite thing to do anytime. : ) Yesterday, I was playing on Pinterest and saw some pictures of baby animals which were so sweet that this thought came to me: I wonder what would come up if I Googled “Baby Animals”… Well, I can only tell you that the result far surpassed what I had hoped and I found some of the sweetest pictures of the most adorable animals. I recommend it anytime you want to brighten your day. : )

Well, Hello there Mr.! : )
Clearly this Spring I will be wearing shorts, a bathing suit top, and a jean jacket and eating rhubarb desserts while I watch The Bachelorette and Google baby animals, hehe… I think that sounds pretty good to me. : )

Happy Spring!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment